Martine Fender: Explore Sicily with your private guide
My name is Martine Fender.
I was born in Strasburg (F), raised and educated in Antwerp (B) and live in Giardini Naxos, close to Taormina (Italy). Working as a red badge guide. Being a tour guide with a professional license and tour guiding certificate, ensuring the visitor the best possible tour experience in Sicily and therefor give you assistance with private tours, custom tours, as well as shore excursions.
General historical and cultural knowledge, experience, linguistic competence and ability, passion, being extremely informative are the important elements that makes the tailor-made tour turns out into professional, successful and exceptional.
Over the last three decades I cooperated as well with travel agencies, tour operators, private companies, associations, schools and different institutes but as well offering a complete service at small groups or individual tourists, private tours with families, with whom I have an interpersonal relationship.
Spoken Languages: Italian – English – Dutch (Belgium & the Netherlands) – French – German.
What I do:
- Single day trips for individuals or groups
- Historical, cultural and architectural tours
- Food and wine tours, Cooking Class (exploring the traditional cuisine , visiting wine cellars)
- Fauna and flora (protected areas and parks, like the Unesco site Mount Etna and Aeolian Islands)
- Etna and Aeolian Islands)
- Private transfers from major airports in Sicily, ports and railway stations
- Unconventional trips (day life, traditions and beliefs)
- Sports (hiking, snorkeling, climbing, Nordic-walking, Quads, donkey-back riding, etc.)